The state government of Cross River State got entries of three construction firms ready to deliver standard construction for the Obudu Airport Project.
The announcement on national dailies around February informed these companies and initiated their keen interest, although, the state government plans to only pick one of the three that gives the best of what they want.
Also, these three companies were to pertake in an exercise before COVID-19 disrupted the plan to open the project on March.
The state Commissioner for Aviation, Dr Jacob Enyia, commented on the project and said that they announced the project on three national dailies and planned to unveil by March before COVID-19 set in uninvited. This turned out to be what needed to be rescheduled to 27th October but the #EndSARS also gave no chance for it.
However, the state government has made provision for the execution of the project in 2021 Cross River appropriation bill.
Enyia also gave his assurance for the execution of the project that will go down as soon as everywhere is placed in order in the country.
“We are convinced that the Obudu International Cargo and Passenger Airport holds a lot of promise for us as a government and people determined to raise the bar of Industrialisation and tourism in Nigeria,” he said.
It was also gathered that the exercise was transparent and feasible.
Representatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Cross River State Due Process Office witnessed the exercise.The three firms also described the process as being transparent.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation