Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has called on lovers of peace to unite and put an end to the crimes in Nigeria.
Tinubu made the call during the commendation service and night of tribute held in memory of the late Olufunke Olakunri, daughter of Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere leader.
The event held at the harbour point in Victoria Island, Lagos on Saturday.
Olakunri was shot dead by suspected kidnappers along the Benin-Ore expressway while heading to Lagos from Akure, Ondo state capital.
Tinubu extolled the virtues of the deceased, saying she extended her goodwill to all when she lived.
“All who encountered Funke attests to her goodness, nobleness, decency. She meant no harm to no one, extended goodwill and empathy to all, “Tinubu said.
“In the spirit of Funke, let those who love peace, regardless of religion, tribe or political affiliation, come together so that we do all we can to put an end to such criminality in our society.”
Earlier, the national leader had urged Nigerians not to allow the death of the deceased to divide the nation.
He had also said those blaming herdsmen for the death of Funke do not have evidence.
Credit : The Cable
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line