Tinubu: Let’s ignore political affiliation and end criminality in Nigeria
Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has called on lovers of peace to unite and put an end to the crimes in Nigeria.
Tinubu made the call during the commendation service and night of tribute held in memory of the late Olufunke Olakunri, daughter of Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere leader.
The event held at the harbour point in Victoria Island, Lagos on Saturday.
Olakunri was shot dead by suspected kidnappers along the Benin-Ore expressway while heading to Lagos from Akure, Ondo state capital.
Tinubu extolled the virtues of the deceased, saying she extended her goodwill to all when she lived.
“All who encountered Funke attests to her goodness, nobleness, decency. She meant no harm to no one, extended goodwill and empathy to all, “Tinubu said.
“In the spirit of Funke, let those who love peace, regardless of religion, tribe or political affiliation, come together so that we do all we can to put an end to such criminality in our society.”
Earlier, the national leader had urged Nigerians not to allow the death of the deceased to divide the nation.
He had also said those blaming herdsmen for the death of Funke do not have evidence.
Credit : The Cable
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Ayade’s Aide, Ogodo Sends Condolence Message To Mrs Ogbene Over Husband’s Death
- JUST IN!! PDP Crisis Continues In Cross River As NWC Postponed Congress
- BREAKING!! Aisha Buhari Seriously Sick, Secretly Flown To Saudi Arabia For Treatment
- JUST IN!! Attorney-General of The Federation Orders IG of Police To Provide Security For 17 Edo Lawmakers
- Omini Warns INEC Chairman Mammud, We Will Not Allow Buhari, Oshiomhle To Rig Edo Elections
Share this post with your Friends on