On February 22,2010 which is exactly 10 years ago,former governor of Nasarawa state, Abdullahi Adamu was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for the alleged embezzlement of 100 million Dollars (15 billion Naira) of government fund meant for public projects.
The then Head of Media and publicity, Mr. Femi Babafemi stated that the erstwhile governor was arrested as a result of fraudulent award of contracts mostly on capital projects during his two-term tenure as governor from 1999-2007. He was thereafter charged to court and released on bail in the sum of 500 Million Naira.
He denied the corruption charges leveled against him by the EFCC which he labeled as “mere allegations.” He was later cleared of all charges after which he contested and won the 2011 Senatorial election for Nasarawa West as a PDP candidate. The 73 year-old politician is currently the incumbent Senator representing Nasarawa West district under the flagship of the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited