On February 22,2010 which is exactly 10 years ago,former governor of Nasarawa state, Abdullahi Adamu was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for the alleged embezzlement of 100 million Dollars (15 billion Naira) of government fund meant for public projects.
The then Head of Media and publicity, Mr. Femi Babafemi stated that the erstwhile governor was arrested as a result of fraudulent award of contracts mostly on capital projects during his two-term tenure as governor from 1999-2007. He was thereafter charged to court and released on bail in the sum of 500 Million Naira.
He denied the corruption charges leveled against him by the EFCC which he labeled as “mere allegations.” He was later cleared of all charges after which he contested and won the 2011 Senatorial election for Nasarawa West as a PDP candidate. The 73 year-old politician is currently the incumbent Senator representing Nasarawa West district under the flagship of the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020