Two yet-to-be-identified women were killed in an accident involving two trucks, a tanker, and a commercial bus at the Anthony area of Lagos State, on Tuesday, September 2.
The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, who spoke to newsmen at the scene, said the accident was caused by reckless driving.
In his words
“The agency received distress calls about the incident and upon arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a four-vehicle accident had occurred.
The vehicles comprised two tipper trucks, one with number plate AKM-741ZT; and another with unknown number plate, a loaded tanker with unknown number plate and a commercial bus with unknown number plate.
The resultant collision, which was a result of reckless driving, left occupants of the bus trapped within
With the use of the agency’s light rescue equipment, six people were extricated from the bus. They were found to have sustained varying degrees of injuries and, unfortunately, two adult females lost their lives at the scene of incident.
Agency responders, the LRU ambulance, LASAMBUS, Nigeria Police, Lagos Fire Service and LRU fire Unit were joint responders at the scene of incident.
The operation is ongoing, more updates will be communicated.”
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line