Tribunal declares Stella Oduah winner of Anambra North Senatorial District
The National Assembly Election Tribunal sitting in Awka, Anambra State has upheld the election of Stella Oduah as the senator representing Anambra North Senatorial District.
Chairman of the tribunal, Justice Esther Haruna, in her judgement on Thursday, ruled that Mrs Oduah, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was validly elected on February 23.
Candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chinedu Emeka, had petitioned the tribunal, claiming that Oduah was not qualified to contest the election because she did not possess the required academic qualifications.
Emeka, a former deputy governor of Anambra, also alleged that the former minister was a member of APGA at the time of the election.
He added that Oduah’s declaration as the winner of the poll was not in harmony with the provisions of the Electoral Act.
Justice Haruna, however, ruled that the petitioner failed to prove his allegations beyond reasonable doubt, Igbere TV reports.
The tribunal also upheld the election of the PDP member representing Anaocha/Dunokofia/Njikoka Federal Constituency, Val Ayika, whose victory was challenged by APGA’s candidate in the election, Dozie Nwankwo.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group