Following the call for supplementary election in some polling units across Abia North Senatorial District by the National and State Assembly Petitions Tribunal sitting in Umuahia on Monday, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has vowed to appeal the judgement.
Justice Cornelius Akintayo led Tribunal has ordered a rerun Senatorial election between former Governor of Abia state and Senator representing Abia North Senatorial District, Dr. Orji Kalu and Mao Ohabunwa earlier on Monday.
Reacting, Kalu urged Abians not to lose hope, stressing that his mandate will be re-claimed at the Court of Appeal.
Kalu polled 30,203 votes against his closest rival, Chief Mao Ohaubunwa of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), who garnered 20,801 votes in the February 23, 2019 general election.
While admonishing members and stakeholders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to remain strong, steadfast and law-abiding, Kalu noted that he will not relent in sustaining his goodwill at the grassroots.
In a statement signed by his media office on Monday, the former governor noted that his victory in the 2019 general election, was borne out of his popularity among the people, adding that justice can only be delayed but not denied.
He said, “following the decision of the National and State Assembly Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Umuahia, I will appeal the decision of the tribunal at the Court of Appeal.
“The PDP candidate, Ohaubunwa, is not popular among the people and as such, my victory in the national assembly poll as landslide.
“Any day, any time, the APC will defeat the PDP in Abia North Senatorial District.
“At the appropriate time, my mandate will be restored”.
- Access Bank Plc Recruitment for Dutch Desk Manager
- National Marketing Manager at an FMCG Company – Nationwide
- Customer Service Representative / Operations Coordinator / Sorting Officer at Speedaf
- Financial Officer (NYSC) at Kadick Integrated Limited
- Production Supervisor in a Leading Paint and Coating Manufacturing Company
- Administrative Manager at CapitalSage Technology Limited
- Administrative Officer at HRbreakoutRoom