Trump on Possible War With Iran: ‘I Don’t Need Exit Strategies’
US president Donald Trump said Tuesday the U.S. is “not going to need an exit strategy” if war broke out with Iran.
“You’re not going to need an exit strategy,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office, prompting laughter. “I don’t need exit strategies.”
“We would love to be able to negotiate a deal if they want to. If they don’t want to, that’s fine, too,” Trump added. “But we would love to be able to, and frankly, they might as well do it soon.”
Trump’s comments are the latest in heightened tensions between the U.S. and Iran that were reignited last week when Iran downed a U.S. drone.
Trump later ordered and then called off a decision to strike Iran in retaliation.
On Monday, the president announced additional sanctions against the country’s supreme leader and other top officials.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani blasted the “outrageous and idiotic” sanctions on Tuesday, saying the White House is “afflicted by mental retardation and does not know what to do.”
“I have many friends that are Iranian, and it’s very sad what’s happening to that country,” Trump said.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- BREAKING!! Normalcy Returns To Nigeria As FG Orders Civil Servants On Levels 12 And 13 To Resume
- Obasanjo To Critics: If I Die, Mourn Me Anyhow You Like, I Don’t Care
- Kano Court Sentences 22-Year-Old Singer To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad
- BE SINCERE!! Can You Leave Your Teeth Unbrushed For 2months For 2million Dollars?
- Hon. Femi Olaniyi Ferrari Congratulates Kabiyesi Onisolu Of Solu Alade Kingdom On His Coronation, Wishes Him Eventful Reign
Share this post with your Friends on