Two doctors with Federal Medical Centre, Asaba, have appeared before the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria Tribunal, to answer charges of gross professional negligence.
NAN reports that the doctors , Iyiola Adewale and Adigba Onodjohwoyovwe, were accused of gross professional negligence, which led to the death of a patient in their car.
The prosecuting counsel, Mr Nasiru Aliyu, told the tribunal on Monday in Asaba that the defendants while on duty on March 7, 2017, negligently handled one of their patients, a pregnant woman, Mrs Rita Uchebuego, now late.
According to the prosecutor, they allegedly failed to attend to her as appropriate for the management of her condition.
Aliyu added that the offence is punishable under section 16 of the Medical and Dental Practitioners Act.
However, the defendants pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Chairman of the tribunal, Prof. Abba Hassan, adjourned the case till Sept. 24, for address.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution