Information reaching Weetalknaija Daily Post has it that, two officials of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) were Monday confirmed dead and 10 others missing after gunmen attacked two buses conveying 26 officials in Nasarawa State.
The convoy which was headed for the FRSC Academy in Udi was said to have come under attack around 8am at Udege junction, along Mararaban-Udege between Adoka, Nasarawa State.
Those missing were alleged to have been kidnapped by the gunmen suspected to be bandits.
According to a statement by FRSC Corps Public Education Officer (PEO), Assistant Corps Marshal Bisi Kazeem, the officials were drawn from Sokoto and Kebbi State commands and were travelling in two buses.
He said one of the officials was reported to have died during the attack while another passed on at the hospital.
“Four others were injured, eight escaped unhurt and 10 unaccounted for as they were allegedly kidnapped by the assailants.
“The Corps Marshal, Dr. Boboye Oyeyemi, has immediately reported the incident to relevant authorities for prompt rescue of the kidnapped staff while investigations to ensure that the assailants are brought to book is ongoing.
“The Corps Marshal has called on all staff of the commission not to be deterred by this unfortunate incident. He assured that the commission will work closely with relevant security agencies to ensure that the criminal elements are brought to book and justice served while the missing personnel are found,” said Kazeem.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited