U.S. Severs Diplomatic Ties, Imposes Visa Ban On Ghana
The United States mentioned on Thursday it was imposing visa restrictions on Ghana, accusing the African nation of not cooperating in accepting its residents ordered removed from the United States.
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo “has ordered consular officers in Ghana to implement visa restrictions on certain categories of visa applicants,” the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mentioned in a statement.
“Without an appropriate response from Ghana, the scope of these sanctions may be expanded to a wider population,” the statement mentioned.
“Ghana has failed to live up to its obligations under international law to accept the return of its nationals ordered removed from the United States,” DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen mentioned.
“We hope the Ghanaian government will work with us to reconcile these deficiencies quickly,” she mentioned.
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Multipro Consumer Product Limited (Tolaram Group)
- Kaduna State Government Recruitment 2020 / 2021 Volunteers – kdsg.gov.ng | See How to Apply
- Job for Graduate Retail Sales Executive at Sunu Assurances Nigeria Plc
- Job for Fleet & Logistics Manager at DRYVA Logistics
- Hot job for Milling Operator at Zee Rice – July 2020
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on