The United States mentioned on Thursday it was imposing visa restrictions on Ghana, accusing the African nation of not cooperating in accepting its residents ordered removed from the United States.
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo “has ordered consular officers in Ghana to implement visa restrictions on certain categories of visa applicants,” the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mentioned in a statement.
“Without an appropriate response from Ghana, the scope of these sanctions may be expanded to a wider population,” the statement mentioned.
“Ghana has failed to live up to its obligations under international law to accept the return of its nationals ordered removed from the United States,” DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen mentioned.
“We hope the Ghanaian government will work with us to reconcile these deficiencies quickly,” she mentioned.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021