The United States mentioned on Thursday it was imposing visa restrictions on Ghana, accusing the African nation of not cooperating in accepting its residents ordered removed from the United States.
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo “has ordered consular officers in Ghana to implement visa restrictions on certain categories of visa applicants,” the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mentioned in a statement.
“Without an appropriate response from Ghana, the scope of these sanctions may be expanded to a wider population,” the statement mentioned.
“Ghana has failed to live up to its obligations under international law to accept the return of its nationals ordered removed from the United States,” DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen mentioned.
“We hope the Ghanaian government will work with us to reconcile these deficiencies quickly,” she mentioned.
- Buhari Begins Payment of N30,000 To 333,000 Artisans
- BREAKING: Buhari Reappoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu
- #EndSars: Raging Hoodlums Storm Church, Loot Food Items, Others
- BREAKING!! WTO’s Council To Officially Announce Okonjo-Iweala’s Choice As WTO DG Today
- SHOCKING!! Dogara Directs Immediate Release of Arrested Looters of His Residence