Super Eagles defender, William Troost-Ekong has predicted a tough game for Gernot Rohr’s men when they face the Yellow-Blue of Ukraine in an international friendly game at the Dnipro Arena tonight.
According to the Udinese star, the friendly match will be difficult for the 2019 African Cup of Nations, AFCON, bronze winners because of the absence of experienced players in the Super Eagles squad.
John Obi Mikel and Odion Ighalo have both retired from the Super Eagles, while the likes of Wilfred Ndidi, Ahmed Musa, Henry Onyekuru, Tyronne Ebuehi and Kenneth Omeruo will all miss today’s clash.
“First of all, I would like to thank Ukraine for a very warm welcome. As for the upcoming match, it will be difficult for us, because now there are not many experienced players in our squad,” Ekong was quoted by Soccernet as telling reporters during a pre-match press briefing.
”Although, on the other hand, young players are always eager to play for the national team.”
He added: “The whole team watched the match between Ukraine and Lithuania, and I must say that the game of the Ukrainian national team really impressed us.
“In addition, the fact that in the FIFA ranking our opponent holds a rather high position also speaks volumes. The match against Ukraine is a challenge for us, for which we are ready.”
The kick-off time for the match is 7:30pm.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company