Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has predicted a difficult match, when they take on Ukraine in an international friendly on Tuesday.
Rohr, speaking at Monday’s press conference, also backed Andriv Shevchenko’s men to qualify for the 2020 European Championships.
“Of course, we studied the game of the national team of Ukraine. The team now has very good position in the standings of the Euro 2020 qualifying group.
“Most likely, the Ukrainian team will qualify for the European Championship. In addition, fresh memories of the recent match of the youth team of Ukraine with Nigeria at the U20 World Cup this year.
“In Ukraine, very progressive and talented youth. So, I think that the Ukrainian team has a great chance of success in the near future,” Rohr said.
The German tactician added: “The match with this team is a challenge for us. Not so long ago, I was the head coach of the Niger team, and we met with the Ukrainian team in Kiev.
“Lost then with a score of 2-1, but were very close to a draw. Of course, tomorrow we will have a difficult match, but I am positive.
“In any case, this is a test game for us, the result of which fades into the background for us.”
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group