The University of Calabar has been geared up with a Police station that additionally has a practical cell; whereas a naval base may even be constructed on the primary campus in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, to curb all types of crime there.
This was disclosed by the establishment’s Vice Chancellor, Prof. Zana Akpagu, on the 32nd convocation media briefing on Tuesday.
“Security is our primary precedence. Security on campus is watertight.
Times have modified. Secret cults have assumed a really harmful dimension. They aren’t the key cults we used to know.
“The ones we now have now are very lethal. We have zero tolerance for cultism. That is why we now have a Police station on campus.
“The Police station can have a practical cell. Anybody who runs afoul of the regulation will probably be thrown into the cell. We don’t should take him outdoors the campus.
“The state Commissioner of Police, Austine Agbonlahor, has come and inspected the station,” Akpagu said on the briefing.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: UCTH Gets New CMD
“We have additionally utilized for a naval base to be established right here. You know, the college is bordered by the Qua River by means of which 4 of our lecturers had been kidnapped.
“The Chief of Naval Staff has approved a naval base and a jetty for us. That is how seriously we take security,” the VC added.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager