By our correspondent, Calabar
The University of Calabar (Unical) is set to open a Chinese Language Centre next year to teach Mandarin Language.
Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof. Zana Akpagu disclosed this after a visit to the Embassy of the Peoples’ Republic of China in Nigeria on the 27th of November 2019.
Prof. Akpagu said that the Center which will be domiciled in the Bassey Andah Institute of African and Asian Studies of the University is to commence the teaching of Chinese Language already approved by the University’s Senate.
He explained that the Chinese government is to send Lecturers, assist in curriculum development, provide teaching aids and equipment for the smooth running of the programme.
The Vice Chancellor added that the University is expected to provide offices, accommodation in the University quarters for the Chinese Lecturers.
A memorandum of understanding (MOU) is expected to be signed on Monday the 30th of December 2019 between the University and the Chinese Embassy to seal the deal.
The MOU which will be signed on behalf of the Confucius Institute will allow Unical to join three other elite Nigerian universities including University of Lagos in the teaching of Mandarin.
Explaining the importance of this new programme, Akpagu said that “the socio-economic benefits and the employment prospects offered by this window of opportunity are monumental. This will also push forward the Sino-Nigerian cooperation”.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022