Baring any change of plan, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Calabar, Prof. Zana Akpagu will officially Commission the new branch of Unical Community Micro Finance (UCMFB) in Bekwarra local government area of the state before the end of the year.
Inside sources have revealed that the bank will have two Automated Teller Machine (ATM) which will be the first ever in the history of the local government.
Recall that months ago while receiving the highest Chieftaincy title in Bekwarra nation, Prof. Akpagu, often referred to as the “most complete” person from the Northern Senatorial District of the state because of his blood affinities with all the five local governments that make up the zone announced that he will open a new UCMFB in the area.
The paramount ruler of Bekwarra, His Royal Majesty, Linus Ogbeche Odey during his speech in the occasion had decried the sufferings of his people in having any bank related financial transaction since the local government lost its first small micro finance bank over a decade ago.
In a swift reaction, Prof. Akpagu who doubles as the Chairman of UCMFB, pledged to open a new branch of the bank in the area in line with his administration’s policy to expand the operational framework of the bank across to state for more effective business and service delivery.
At the time of filing this report, the building, with state-of-the-art facilities is almost 90 per cent complete with ATMs ready to be commissioned and opened for business.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation