A University of Lagos, Akoka employee, Sunday Meshioye has reportedly committed suicide with sniper after facing an investigative panel of the institution.
Meshioye was a driver in the Sociology Department, Faculty of Social Science of the Institution.
The Principal Assistant Registrar and Head of Information Unit, UNILAG, Mrs Taiwo Oloyede, confirmed Meshioye’s death to newsmen on Friday.
According to her, the deceased was facing a panel over a bus in his care which got burnt.
Oloyede said the panel has neither concluded its investigations nor delivered a verdict on the matter as of the time the incident happened.
“He was facing a panel that was set up to unravel the circumstances that led to the destruction by fire, of an official vehicle.
“The unfortunate incident took place before the panel concluded its Investigation. It’s indeed a sad situation,” she said.
Meshioye reportedly took an insecticide branded ‘sniper’ on Wednesday 11 September evening after facing the disciplinary panel set up to investigate the incident on Tuesday (September 10).
The driver died at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) after he was transferred from the University’s health centre.
Meshioye is survived by a wife and three children.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line