The University of Calabar has suspended a 200- level Student, Uzoagba Chinaemerem Goodluck of the Department of Physics over unlawful alleged possession and smoking of weeds suspected to be Indian Hemp.
This is even as the institution suspended two other students- Onyi Echu Owor and Agwu Ekeh of the Department of Computer Science for sending threat text messages to their lecturer.
Their suspension was conveyed in separate letters signed by the Vice Chancellor and dated January 17.
According to the letter, the threat messages from Onyi Echu and Agwu Ekeh is an act of misconduct not acceptable from students of the institution.
In the same vein, Uzoagba’s suspension from studies was also sequel to a report received by the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Zana Akpagu on his alleged possession and smoking of Indian Hemp on Campus resident at Hall 4 on November 27, 2019.
The letter reads thus ” You are aware that Indian hemp is a prohibited substance on campus.
” The Vice Chancellor has therefore approved your suspension from studies. You are hereby suspended from your academic programme in the University of Calabar with effect from the First Semester of the 2019/2020 academic session.
” You are to remain on suspension until the student’s Disciplinary Committee concludes investigation in the matter.”
The letter, however, charged the Head, Department of Physics, Head of Department of Computer Science and the Chief Security Officer to ensure full compliance.
Credit :Unical Information Unit.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager