BREAKING!! Unknown Gunmen Bombs Another Police Station In Owerri (Video)
The Ehime Mbano Local Government Area Divisional Police Headquarters in Imo State was razed by gunmen on Tuesday.
Unknown gunmen stormed the Owerri Correctional Centre and the Imo State Police Command headquarters the day before, freeing 1,884 inmates and destroying over 50 vehicles.
The attack occurred just hours after Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the recently dismissed Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Adamu, and other government officials visited the state to assess the extent of damage to the security facilities targeted.
When the gunmen arrived, they immediately released all detained suspects before torching the Police Divisional Headquarters.
According to our source, the gunmen were not met with any resistance from police officers.
“Gunmen this evening razed Ehime Mbano LGA police divisional headquarters,” a source said. When the gunmen arrived, they rescued the criminals before wreaking havoc.”
When our correspondent contacted a police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, on Tuesday evening, he said he couldn’t confirm the rise.
However, a senior police officer who did not want his name published said the new development saddened the Command’s hierarchy.
According to the PUNCH, gunmen razed the Obowo, Abo Mbaise, Ihitte/ Uboma, and Isiala Mbano Divisional Police Headquarters in February and March, killing three cops and injuring others.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021