Weetalknaija Daily Post can authoritatively report that, Unknown number of commuters have been declared missing after a truck fell off the Berger bridge into the Epe river in Lagos State.
The incident which occured late on Friday night, was confirmed by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency on Saturday.
The LASEMA Head of Public Affairs Nosa Okunbor, revealed to newsmen that search and rescue operations are still ongoing.
He said, “Upon arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a six-tyre truck loaded with sand fell into the river.
The number of people in the truck can’t be ascertained at present.
“Since the early hours of today, a combined team of agency responders, Marine Rescue Unit, Nigeria Police and local divers are carrying out search and rescue operations.
“No deaths or casualties confirmed yet.”
More details shortly…
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group