Weetalknaija Daily Post can authoritatively report that, Unknown number of commuters have been declared missing after a truck fell off the Berger bridge into the Epe river in Lagos State.
The incident which occured late on Friday night, was confirmed by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency on Saturday.
The LASEMA Head of Public Affairs Nosa Okunbor, revealed to newsmen that search and rescue operations are still ongoing.
He said, “Upon arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a six-tyre truck loaded with sand fell into the river.
The number of people in the truck can’t be ascertained at present.
“Since the early hours of today, a combined team of agency responders, Marine Rescue Unit, Nigeria Police and local divers are carrying out search and rescue operations.
“No deaths or casualties confirmed yet.”
More details shortly…
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited
- Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group
- Career Openings at FBNQuest Merchant Bank