UPDATE:- Crashed Ukraine plane had 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians on board — Ukraine minister
Three British citizens were among 176 passengers and crew killed after a plane crashed in Iran, leaving no survivors.
Ukraine’s foreign ministry confirmed that everyone aboard the Boeing 737 was killed after it came down shortly after it departed from Imam Khomeini International Airport in the Iranian capital of Tehran.
There were three British people on board, as well as citizens from six other countries, according to the Ukraine’s Minister for Foreign Affairs Vadym Prystaiko.
Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine’s president, said his government was working to understand the causes of the crash. He is cutting short a trip to Oman and returning to Kiev.
“My sincere condolences to the relatives and friends of all passengers and crew,” he said in a statement.
Ukraine’s embassy in Iran said on Wednesday morning that engine failure caused the plane to crash and denied that it was terror-related.
Flight data from the airport showed a Ukrainian 737-800 flown by Ukraine International Airlines took off on Wednesday morning, then stopped sending data about eight minutes later, according to tracking website FlightRadar24.
It is not clear whether the incident is related toIran’s missile attacks on US bases in Iraq on Wednesday morning.
The Ukraine International Airlines jet that crashed this morning was less than four years old.
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
- Academic / Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Admiralty University of Nigeria 2020
- Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Multipro Consumer Product Limited (Tolaram Group)
- Current Job Vacancies at Medexia Limited 2020
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Cyber Criminals: Saraki Fires Back At APC
- INTERVIEW: Things Worse For The North Now, Buhari Has Failed Us ― Shariff
- Drama As Hope Uzodinma, Yahaya Bello Campaign Against Obaseki Despite Owing Salaries
- Buhari And His Party, APC Overburdening Poor Nigerians With Taxes — PDP Cries Out
- BREAKING!! Edo APC And National Caretaker Committee Clash Over List Of Edo Guber Campaign Council
Share this post with your Friends on