UPDATE:- Gunmen kidnap Federal High Court Judge in Ondo, demand N50m ransom
A judge of the Federal High Court, Akure, Justice Abdul Dogo, has been kidnapped.
Justice Dogo was abducted on Tuesday by unknown gunmen while he was returning to Akure from Abuja.
The gunmen had reportedly demanded a ransom worth N50million for his release.
“According to a source, he was coming from Abuja when he was waylaid by the gunmen and whisked away by the hoodlums,” the newspaper said.
It said an official of the court and two of the lawyers who were in his court for the hearing of their cases had confirmed the abduction of the Judge.
Both Frank Mba, Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO) and Anjuguri Manzah, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) were not immediately available for comments. Calls put across to Mba’s mobile phones were not answered while Manzah’s line could not be reached. The SMS sent to each of them were not replied when this story was being filed.
However, at the time of filing this report, the General Secretary, Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Jonathan Taidi told The ICIR he was currently in Minna and had no knowledge of the abduction.
“I haven’t got any information on that. I’m in Minna at the moment. But lemme find out from my fellow national officers and I will get back to you,” Taidi said.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager