On Sunday, Biden added to history as he announced all female White House communication team which happened to be first of its kind.
Among the communication team of seven members mentioned was Jen Psaki who would take up the role of White House press secretary. Psaki, 41, has held a number of senior positions, including White House communications director for the Barack Obama-Biden administration.
However, president-elect and his vice, Kamala Harris, initially planned to allow diversity in the appointments of officials who have been chosen ahead the swearing-in by January.
“I am proud to announce today the first senior White House communications team comprised entirely of women,” Biden said in a statement.
“These qualified, experienced communicators bring diverse perspectives to their work and a shared commitment to building this country back better.”
In addition to Psaki, Kate Bedingfield was also appointed as Biden’s deputy campaign manager, as White House communications director.
Bedingfield had also served as Biden’s communications director when he was vice president.
Other appointees include Ashley Etienne as communications director for Harris and Symone Sanders as Harris’s senior advisor and chief spokeswoman.
Pili Tobar was named deputy White House communications director and Karine Jean Pierre will be principal deputy press secretary.
Elizabeth Alexander was named communications director for incoming First Lady Jill Biden.
However, unlike most cabinet-level positions, the White House communication team does not need the Senate’s approval before they can be announced.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021