Five members of a household which included three kids have been lynched to loss of life over accusations of training witchcraft in a distant village in Kenya.
The incident which sparked up controversy and induced a stir on Thursday in Migori county in Kenya’s south-west as confirmed by native police officer Peter Kirui mentioned the lynched victims have been two girls and three kids aged seven, three and two.
Four different family members who survived the assault together with the daddy, Elijah Otieno are in severe situation and admitted to an undisclosed hospital.
Elijah who was the one really accused of training witchcraft by making one other villager fall sick which led to the burning of the relations by irate villagers, managed to outlive alongside three others.
In Africa, women and men together with kids could be accused of training witchcraft or sorcery which is utilized in inflicting havoc and commotion to their victims in faraway covens.
“The irate neighbours locked them up and set them on fireplace,’’ Kirui mentioned, including that 20 people have since been arrested.
“The irate neighbours locked them up and set them on fireplace,’’ Kirui mentioned, including that 20 suspects related to the lynching have since been arrested and investigation begun.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021