President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said that Nigeria will not continue to import food to feed its population of about 200 million people.
President Buhari has also restated the commitment of his administration to creating jobs for the youthful population of Nigeria.
Speaking in Abuja when he had audience with Guy Ryder, the Director General of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, the President said: “In the last four years, this government prioritised Agriculture, Housing and Infrastructure development. Our focus in these areas was to create jobs today and ensure peace and equitable prosperity for future generations.”
He further stated that it was simply impossible to continue to import food with the nation’s population, adding. “On agriculture, it was simple; a country with a population of close to 200 million has to be able to feed itself. We cannot rely on importing food.”
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group