Gen. John Agim Agim (rtd), a former spokesman of the Defence Headquarters, has revealed that during each recruitment exercise, 15-25% of successful applicants are expected to die during training.
He made the revelation in a recent interview with TheNation. According to him: “The military training we get already takes care of whatever situation we find ourselves.
In training, we are taught how to survive in whichever situation we find ourselves. Even if we are captured by the enemy, we know how to survive so we don’t die as a prisoner of war.
So by the time we go for the real operations, to us it usually looks like a rehearsal because we have already seen the worst during trainings.
I urge Nollywood film makers to try and see ways of how they can produce a few of our drills so that the public can know some of the things that we go through.
I can assure you that we have a robust training that when you come out of it alive, you know that it is not you but God. You can go for several days without food.
And for each of our recruitments, there is a percentage expected to die during training. And that could be as much as between 15 and 25%.
That alone shows you that it is no play zone or a boys scout lifestyle. That is why when filling a form to the Nigerian Defence Academy, you sign a bond that you are responsible for your decision.”
– The Nation
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )