Weetalknaija Daily Post can authoritatively report that a police officer attached to Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Nigeria Police has been reportedly killed by unknown gunmen in Oyigbo Local Government Area of Rivers State.
According to report gathered by Weetalknaija, the youths in the area took to the streets of Oyigbo LGA to protest incessant killings of Youths in the state by SARS.
Our correspondent gathered that, a Police Van attached to the station was also set ablaze during the rancor.
In a phone conversation with an eyewitness, he said the incident occurred following the decision made by the Oyigbo Local Government Chairman, Gerald Oforji for allocating a space for Special Anti-Robbery Squad to be used as their office.
“The state Governor, Nyesom Wike had before now condemned the recent killing of Rivers born artiste by the said security operatives”.
“I don’t know why the chairman brought SARS to Oyigbo. We don’t like them, he should send them back to wherever he brought them.
“They have killed several of our youths for no reason. As I speak, the state Governor is not happy with SARS, he has ordered them to leave Rivers state”, he added.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021