The Niger state police command has arrested a welder identified as Tunde Tayo for killing a commercial motorcyclist popularly known as Okada man, and harvesting his vital organs including his intestine for rituals.
The arrested suspect whose house at Ungwan Roka in Maitumbi, a suburb in Bosso Local Government Area was near the shallow grave where the headless body of 25-year-old Abdullahi Sale was recovered, confessed to the crime when paraded before newsmen on Saturday, September 14.
“I beheaded and removed Sale’s intestine for ritual purposes. I even buried him in a shallow grave near my house” he said.
The arrest of the father of five came after neighbours reported the newly dug grave close to his house to the police.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Muhammad Abubakar, said the suspect admitted to the crime after everyone in the house was arrested after the headless body of the okada rider was exhumed. Tayo who said he committed the said offence because his returns as welder could not sustain his family of seven, will be charged to court when investigation has been concluded.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement