The opposing All Progressive Congress APC in Akwa Ibom State has consoled its supporters not to lose hope in the party as it will bounce back in no distant time.
The opposition party stated this after losing at the State Governorship Election Tribunal, Thursday.
The tribunal had dismissed the petition of Nsima Ekere and the APC for lacking in merit while upholding the election of governor Udom Emmanuel, as duly elected.
“I implore our teeming supporters not to give up hope on the party but to remain faithful and steadfast trusting that we shall deploy every available judicial process to attain our quest to entrench good governance in our beloved State of Akwa Ibom,” the state chairman of APC, Ini Okopido, said in a statement issued shortly after the ruling.
Mr Okopido said as a law-abiding party with confidence and trust in the judiciary, the APC has, therefore, “taken the ruling with equanimity”.
The opposition party said its next move regarding the judgement will be determined after legal evaluation and advise by their legal counsels.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line