President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday pledged his administration’s continued political will and determination towards ridding the country of insurgency and other forms of criminalities.
Buhari, who was represented by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, made the promise at the Grand Finale of the 2019 Nigerian Army Day Celebration and Combat Support Arms Training Week at Ikeja Cantonment Parade Ground, Lagos.
The Nigerian Army Day is an annual event held every July 6, since 1976, in honour of the Nigerian Army with the theme; ‘Professionally Responsive Soldering:A Panacea for Successful Military Operations’.
The President said that the security challenges in the country were being tacked in collaboration with the Nigerian Armed Forces. “The challenge for us is to recognise this sick extremism of Boko Haram for what it is and form alliances across faith, ethnicities, to destroy an evil that confronts us all.
“We will continue to demonstrate the political will and determination towards ensuring that our land is rid of insurgency and that criminality is kept at the barrest minimum.
“There are also other situations of insecurity in our midst, the Fulani Herder and farmer conflicts, random killings, banditry and kidnapping. “In different parts of the country, there are challenges that the army has had to intervene in, in many occasions.
“We assure all Nigerians that this challenges are been seriously tackled by the Federal Government working with the states through a multi-pronged approach, working with the Nigerian Army and all our security forces and law enforcement agencies.
“Nobody will be allowed to maim, kill or commit other crimes and escape. It is our duty to apprehend and punish these criminals and we are doing that and we will continue to do so,” he said.
– Daily Trust
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022