The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel, has said his administration has spent over N1bn to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic in the state.Speaking at a media briefing held at the Government House, Uyo, on Monday, the governor said the state government was currently constructing a 300-bed isolation centre at the Ituk Mbang General Hospital.
He said all the isolation centres including the Ibom Specialist Hospital had functional ventilators.The governor said although, COVID-19 was a new disease that took the world by surprise, it did not meet the Akwa Ibom State Government unprepared.On the proposed random testing for COVID-19 in the state, Emmanuel said, “It will absolutely be a waste of resources if we go on random testing.
“There is no one who needed to be tested that has not been tested. Everything we do follows the NCDC’s prescriptions.”He said consultations were ongoing to decide on whether or not to lock the state down, promising to account for all donations received for palliatives in due course.
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group