The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel, has said his administration has spent over N1bn to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic in the state.Speaking at a media briefing held at the Government House, Uyo, on Monday, the governor said the state government was currently constructing a 300-bed isolation centre at the Ituk Mbang General Hospital.
He said all the isolation centres including the Ibom Specialist Hospital had functional ventilators.The governor said although, COVID-19 was a new disease that took the world by surprise, it did not meet the Akwa Ibom State Government unprepared.On the proposed random testing for COVID-19 in the state, Emmanuel said, “It will absolutely be a waste of resources if we go on random testing.
“There is no one who needed to be tested that has not been tested. Everything we do follows the NCDC’s prescriptions.”He said consultations were ongoing to decide on whether or not to lock the state down, promising to account for all donations received for palliatives in due course.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021