Former Manchester United striker, Dimitar Berbatov, has said that the Ballon d’Or and FIFA Best awards should end the debate between Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, by awarding both players the prize every season.
The pair used to compete in Spain as Barcelona legend Messi faced off against Real Madrid talisman Ronaldo at the top of LaLiga.
Ronaldo has since moved on to play at Juventus and recently missed out on winning the FIFA Best Award to Messi, despite winning Serie A and the Nations League with Portugal.
Berbatov played with Ronaldo at Old Trafford, but respects Messi having faced him during his club career.
He told Goal: “Ronaldo versus Messi, how can you separate them? I think they should get their awards and give it to both of them. All the time. You can’t say this one is better than the other.
“Ronaldo wants them all because he is so ambitious. He is desperate to break this record then that record. Messi is not showing it but inside and when he is at home then he probably thinks, ‘I will f***ing destroy everybody’. When you are good, you know you are good. Why shy away from that?”
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager