Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has condoled with the family of the late former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Ufot Ekatte, over the passing away of the elder statesman.
DAILY POST reports that Ekaete, who died at the age of 80, was appointed SGF in May 1999 by the then President Olusegun Obasanjo.
He served in that position for eight years after which he was appointed as the pioneer Minister of Niger Delta Affairs by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.
Ekaette, one-time Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom, also served as Principal Secretary to a former military Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon between 1968 and1975, and rose to the position of permanent secretary.
Reacting the governor in condolence message, contained in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Ekerete Udoh, and made available to newsmen, acknowledged the contributions of the late Ekaette to the development of the state in particular and Nigeria in general.
“He was a thoroughbred public servant who was transparent, honest and a stickler for excellence.
“The government and people of Akwa Ibom are grateful for his contributions to the development of our state, where he once served as the deputy governor.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family. He will be greatly missed,” the governor said.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line