The National Economic Council (NEC), comprising the Vice President, 36 state governors, governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Minister of Finance, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, among others met in Abuja on Thursday.
Speaking to newsmen, Gov. Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe State, disclosed that he and his colleagues discussed the Economic Management Team (EMT) and the newly formed Economic Advisory Council (EAC) with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
Yahaya said: “Governors requested for clarification from NEC’s chairman-the vice president, on the relationship between NEC and the newly informed Economic Advisory Council.
“And the vice president explained that those councils are advisory for the benefit of the President while NEC is established by the constitution, they are to complement one another.
“He added that NEC could be briefed regularly on the activities of the Economic Advisory Council with the permission of the president”, he added.
The presidency had said the EAC will have monthly technical sessions as well as scheduled quarterly meetings with the President.
“The Chairman (President Buhari) may, however, request for unscheduled meetings if the need arises”, he said.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group