Sahara Reporters publisher and convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Omoyele Sowore, has said that “the revolution” in Nigeria will happen whether the government likes it or not.
Sowore who narrated his experience in detention said he has been held out of touch with the real world.
In his words, “I haven’t been in touch with my lawyers. I don’t know the charges they are bringing against me. I am not allowed to see sunshine. I’ve not been outside except today. I am happy people are staying strong.
I have no doubt this will come to an end in favour of the Nigerian people. Whether you like it or not, the revolution will happen. It is only a matter time.”
Sowore alleged that his shoulder was injured by the DSS operatives who arrested him in Lagos on August 3rd.
“I have a bad shoulder which they broke during my arrest. They gave me no access to telephone. No TV. No newspapers. Nothing.
What is interesting is that Boko Haram commanders who are engaged in high level terrorism have access to telephone, TV and even cable in their cells.
So you wonder which one is better: a freedom fighter or a terrorist.”
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution