Why ex-Head of Service, Oyo-Ita was sacked – Buhari group
The Buhari Media Organisation (BMO) has said Winifred Oyo-Ita was removed from her position as Head of Service (HoS) of the Federation because President Muhammadu Buhari has zero-tolerance for corruption.
The organisation said this in a statement signed by its Chairman, Niyi Akinsiju in Abuja on Thursday.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had been investigating Mrs Oyo-Ita, over an alleged N3 billion-contract scam, abuse of duty tour allowance and money laundering, among others, during her previous position as Permanent Secretary.
“It is another proof that this government would not allow people with questions to answer to remain in office longer than necessary”, BMO said.
“Buhari has, on several occasions, maintained that the anti-corruption stance of his administration is non-negotiable and it is quite clear that he won’t tolerate any iota of verifiable scandal among key government officials.
“So, like Buhari did in the ‘grass cutting scandal’ when he sacked the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, for allegedly defrauding the Federal Government to the tune of N500 million, he had no misgivings about sending Oyo-Ita on indefinite leave,” the organisation said.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- BREAKING!! WAEC Releases 2020 Timetable (Check It Out)
- Meet Lieutenant Nkemdilim Anulika Ofodile, Nigeria’s First Female Aerospace Engineer
- Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House
- COVID-19: Kwara Deputy Governor, Kayode Alabi And His Wife, Abieyuwa Test Positive
- Show Us Your Primary School Leaving Certificate If You Actually Went To School – PDP Challenges Oshiomhole
Share this post with your Friends on