Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has recalled the 12 suspended Local Government Council Chairmen.
They are heads of Okrika, Emohua, Abua/Odual, Degema, Khana, Gokana, Ahoada East, Ikwerre, Eleme, Andoni, Omuma and Ogu/Bolo Local Government Areas.
A statement on Sunday night released by his Special Assistant Electronic Media, Simeon Nwakaudu, to weetalknaija Blog, said the recall is with immediate effect.
Weetalknaija Blog report that, the governor, Wike charged the council chairmen to “diligently serve their people and shun all forms of lackadaisical behaviour in governance”.
He urged them to tackle security challenges in their areas and warned that any chairman who continues to act in breach of extant laws would be removed.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- BREAKING!! Arsenal Defeat Chelsea To Win FA Cup
- The Environment Is Our Heritage’ We Must Work Hands In Gloves To Stop Those Destroying It – DG CRSEPA
- Southern Kaduna: Hope Dashed As Killings Persists Despite Curfew, Military Enforcement
- I can’t Remember The Number of People I Have Killed Because They Are Many – Boko Haram Fighter
- Former PDP Chairman Dumps Party, Decamp To APC