The Police in Ogun State have arrested a one-eyed man, who they said was a leader of the dreaded Eiye Confraternity in Ikenne, sparking wild jubilations among residents of the Late Obafemi Awolowo’s hometown.
Police said the suspect, a 28-year-old man was responsible for the murder of not less than 15 people in Ikenne and its environ.
The suspect, Sunday Paul, fondly addressed as Blade, DAILY POST learnt, had been on the ‘wanted list’ of the Ogun Police Command and was arrested on September 21, following an intensive surveillance and technical investigation into his activities.
A statement by the Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the police, after arresting Paul, discovered that he had earlier been arrested and charged to court on three different occasions, adding that “he recently came out of prison over a murder related case.”
“On interrogation, he admitted being the leader of Eiye cult group in Ikenne and its environ. He equally confessed being responsible for the killing of one Kabiru, who he claimed to be a member of a rival cult group.
“His arrest has elicited a wild jubilation in Ikenne and its environ,” Oyeyemi said in the statement.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, CP Bashir Makama, has ordered a full scale investigation into the past activities of the suspect, with a view to charging him to court as soon as possible.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group