A Mother-of-two has held her wedding ceremony with a tree and now plans to change her surname to reflect her new marital status.
The 34-year-old bride identified as Kate Cunningham, decided to ‘marry’ the elder tree in Litherland’s Rimrose Valley Park as a move to raise awareness about a campaign opposing the construction of a new bypass.
Kate from Melling, told the Liverpool Echo that she had a hen do the night before and now plans to change her name to Kate Rose Elder by deed poll.
Kate’s family and friends looked on as the bizarre wedding ceremony was held at a park in merseyside.
Kate told the Echo:
“My boyfriend is very supportive of my decision.
“He’s even helped make props for the ceremony.
“My oldest son was initially embarrassed when I told him I was going to do it, but now he has decided to come to the ceremony. It means a lot to him to be there.
“My dad has been very supportive. He’s been out in his van helping to organise everything for the big day.”
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line