A 20-year-old Bangladeshi girl has given beginning to twins, 26 days after giving beginning to her first baby.
A gynecologist at Ad-Din hospital in Dhaka, Sheila Poddar, mentioned Arifa Sultana gave beginning to a boy in late February.
According to a report on CNN, the mom and child have been launched from a special Dhaka hospital after a standard supply and fewer than 4 weeks later, she was admitted to Ad-Din hospital.
“She came to the hospital complaining of lower abdominal pain, Doctors performed an ultrasound and realised Sultana was pregnant with twins,” Mr Poddar mentioned.
Sultana has two uteruses, a situation referred to as uterus didelphys. Her first child and the twins have been conceived and grown in separate wombs.
She didn’t get an ultrasound earlier than the primary supply, so it was missed, Poddar mentioned.
“It is just not quite common to have two uteruses. When the uterus develops, it comes from two tubes, and people tubes fuse collectively.
“For some women, the fusion does not occur, and the dividing wall does not dissolve,” mentioned S.N. Basu, head of obstetrics and gynecology at Max Healthcare hospital in New Delhi.
Mr Poddar was in a position to shortly carry out a C-section to ship twins: a boy and a woman. “All three children are safe and healthy,” Mr Poddar mentioned. “The mother is also fine.”
A uterus didelphys is a uncommon congenital abnormality, and the incidence of dual gestation has an general incidence price of 1 in 1,000,000, in response to the National Institutes of Health.
For it to not be found earlier than the beginning is even much less frequent.
“From rural areas, people don’t know what is wrong with them. They don’t know how many children they are pregnant with and sometimes whether they are pregnant also,” Mr Basu mentioned.
- #EndSars: Watch Live Interview Between Falz and CNN Reporter (Video)
- SHOCKING!! Lagos Governor Blames #EndSars Protesters For Delay In Distributing COVID-19 Palliatives
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings Not Captured In Buhari’s Nationwide Speech To Nigerians
- BREAKING!! Hoodlums Set Mbaka Church On Fire
- BREAKING!! Ojodu Police Station In Lagos Set Ablaze
- Hot Nigerian Job Vacancies at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020 at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 CV Submission ( Hot Nigerian Jobs )
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC) for SSCE and Degree Holders