Yesterday, the wife of Cross River State Governor, Dr Linda Ayade caught some timber dealer red-handed loading trucks of wood along Boki axis while she was returning from her Obudu trip.
Sadly, we have the Anti-Deforestation task force team that was set up not long ago to ensure that no illegal wood is fallen across the state.
Boki forests has been decimated, depleted and degraded by timber dealers who have been given free hands to operate. Thanks so much her excellency.
The questions I want to ask are….
1. Where is the Anti-Deforestation team covering central Cross River State?
2. What could give these timber dealers the guts to come out in broad day light and load woods when they know that the taskforce is in place?
3. Are the timber dealers in cordial business of ‘cut the tree and settle us’ with the task force team?
4. Are the wood marshals behind this deals or is it the Anti-Deforestation task team directly?
5. Has the task force team in Central compromised on their duties for self benefits?
Members of the public, according to a source who was in the spot yesterday (Sunday), said that the woods on ground in Boki 1 alone could be more than ten trucks if loaded.
Oh Boki! Who will protect our forests for our collective interests?
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution