Workers Day: Betta Edu Salutes C’River Civil Servants At Workers Day
The Director General, DG, Cross River State Primary Health Development Agency, Dr Betta Edu has lauded workers in the state ahead of the 1st May Day celebration, asking them to “take a breather. Give yourself a pat on the back for all you have accomplished.”
In a media chat with weetalknaija Blog, Betta Edu poured encomiums on the state’s workforce for their doggedness and determination despite the seeming challenges.
To buttress her position, Betta Edu quoted from one of Theodore Roosevelt, a former United States President’s quotes which says “No man needs sympathy because he has to work, because he has a burden to carry. It is only through labor and painful effort by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.”
“You have been working hard. You have kept your nose to the grindstone and your eye on the prize. Your passion is exceeded only by your work ethics. We appreciate your commitment.
“Tomorrow is 1st May, 2019, is workers day, and you deserve to take a rest. Your work will still be there when you get back. Take a breather. Give yourself a pat on the back for all you have accomplished. The new minimum wage is just one of the many battles won. Congratulations.”
Continuing, Betta Edu said that the Governor, Senator Ben Ayade agreed that the workers deserve better pay, while enjoining the Ben Ayade’s led government to hasten up with the implementation of N30,000 minimum wage.
“We believe you deserve more, better pay and better conditions of service. We use this occasion of workers day to implore the Cross River State government to immediately start the payment of the new minimum wage of N30,000.00.
“As you listen to the state government beat its chest and reel out unsubstantiated figures of its achievement in employment and infrastructural development, especially in the health sector which recently, over 1,700 health applicants are already waiting to be fully employed so as to boost Cross River State Primary Health care centers in the state.
“I just went through it. Thank you for writing but pls can you take out the part of me asking laborer not to work in vain and rather say
“Am confident that the labour friendly Governor, Senator Ben Ayade will be the first in Nigeria to implement“, the statement concluded.
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
- Academic / Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Admiralty University of Nigeria 2020
- Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Multipro Consumer Product Limited (Tolaram Group)
- Current Job Vacancies at Medexia Limited 2020
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Places Of Worship Told To Stop Singing, Chanting As COVID-19 Cases Continues To Spread
- Three Million Nigerians Apply For N-Power Jobs
- Edo 2020: SDP Remains The Only Alternative For Edo People
- JUST IN!! NYSC Issues Obaseki New Certificate
- HAPPENING NOW!! Calabar Popular Market Currently On Heavy Fire
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on