Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has appointed Balaraba Ibrahim as the Special Assistant on Women Affairs (Unmarried).
This is according to a letter dated August 4, 2020, with reference number GO/SS/POL/S/83 and signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mohammed Baba.
The letter, which was obtained by Sahara Reporters, read in part, “I am pleased to convey the approval of his Excellency Sen Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed CON, the Governor of Bauchi State, for your appointment as Special Assistant, Women Affairs (Unmarried).
“The appointment is based on your knowledge, experience and personal qualities of hard work, honesty and absolute loyalty. I would expect you to utilise all these qualities in facing the challenges of your office to facilitate the attainment of our collective goal and the expectation of our electorate.
“The terms and conditions of your appointment as enunciated in the regular government policies as applicable.”
Ibrahim is the Chairperson, Association of Divorcees in Bauchi State.
Last year, she set up counselling centres for intending couples across the state in an effort to address challenges leading to broken homes.
She told the News Agency of Nigeria that the centres would be established in partnership with Muslim and Christian clerics to prepare the minds of intending couples.
According to her, the increase in the number of young divorced girls is becoming worrisome and constitutes a menace to the society.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line