Xenophobia: 320 Nigerians expected to be evacuated from South Africa today
The Federal government will today September 11th, evacuate the first batch of Nigerian returnees from South Africa.
The 320 passengers, who are among over 600 Nigerians to be airlifted by Air Peace Airlines, are expected to arrive the Murtala Muhamed International Airport, Ikeja at 9am this morning.
Confirming this development, the Nigerian Consul-General, Godwin Adama, said their evacuation followed the conclusion of their documentation in the aftermath of the recent xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and other foreign nationals in South Africa.
“We are documenting people through filling of relevant forms with information such as place of birth, state of origin, local government areas. We also check nationality and discourage wives with different nationalities to avoid bringing in other nationals. We equally discourage those wanting to take advantage of the flight.” he said
The Consul-General, added that the second batch will leave South Africa tomorrow September 12th.
“The manifest for the first flight is ready and we are working on the next flight. The two missions are working together to make a success of the evacuation. Nigerians will be conveyed in buses from the two missions to the airport at early hours of the morning to ensure smooth operations.” he said
On Monday September 9th, President Buhari ordered the evacuation of Nigerians from South Africa.
- Factory Workers needed at Mikado Nigeria Limited
- Primary School Teacher Needed at Loyola Academy
- Vacancies for Subject / Classroom Teachers at Eminentville Schools Port Harcourt –14 Positions
- Front Desk Officer at Amaget Online Store
- Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited recruitment for HR / Admin & Executive Assistant
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Lawyer Accuses FBI, US Govt Of Kidnapping Hushpuppi From Dubai (Read Argument)
- Cross River Youth Council Hails Imoke @59
- Fraud: Release Me Please, Suspended EFCC Chairman Begs IG Of Police
- Ekpenyong Seeks Partnership With Calabar Municipal Council On Effective Healthcare Delivery
- COVID-19: SON Commends C/River Govt For Production of Personal Protective Equipment
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on