The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arrested five undergraduates and 12 others over their alleged involvement in Advance Fee Fraud popularly called ‘Yahoo Yahoo.’
Disclosing this, EFCC’s zonal office in Ibadan, Oyo State disclosed that the undergraduates claimed to be students of Federal Polytechnic in Ado Ekiti.
In a series of tweets on its verified Twitter handle, the anti-graft agency disclosed that the suspects were arrested on Monday in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital.
The tweet reads: “The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibadan zonal office, on Monday, October 7, 2019, arrested 17 suspected internet fraudsters among whom were five who claimed to be students of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti.
“The suspects were arrested in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital following meticulous consideration of intelligence reports detailing their alleged involvement in internet fraud and other related offences.
“The suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.”
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group