The Technical Assistant to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on New Media, Mr Philip Obin has called on warring communities in Erei, Biase Local Government Area of Cross River State to sheathe their sword and embrace peace.
The presidential aide made the call on Monday in a statement made available to our newsroom.
While reacting to the withdrawal of soldiers from the affected communities, Obin said that “efforts are being made to return the soldiers who left Erei last week. I would appeal to us all to remain calm and stop carrying rumours of attacks and war, as no community in Erei is prepared and ready for war anymore.
“It wasn’t only in Erei that soldiers were withdrawn. They were withdrawn from almost every other location across the length and breadth of Cross River state, including Calabar, for reorganization, authorities have said.”
He appealed to people in the area to burry the hatchet and chart a new course that would ensure peaceful coexistence, adding that unity is what the world needs to confront the Coronavirus that has become a common enemy to humanity.
“Let us also challenge ourselves to forgive one another, practice good neighborliness and live peacefully again, as we did for over 200 years without presence of soldiers.
“It would be a thing of shame for the world to hear that we are fighting ourselves again at a time when the entire world is united against a common enemy – the dreaded COVID-19, which is one of the greatest pandemic in the history of mankind.
“It should be a time for sober reflection, even as I challenge every Erei leader to rise to the occasion once again, and put their respective communities in order.
“Let us take our destinies in our own hands and be willing and ready to hand over anyone who ferments any kind of trouble in Erei, moving forward, without fear or favour.”, he said.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022